Monday, March 29, 2010

Back

So, hello again. I haven't written much because March has been a pretty rough month for me. I missed a bunch of shifts (like 7) throughout the month from illness and car troubles. And it seems the shifts I do work are filled with cheapskates and just plain mean people. Not good for my attitude or wanting to write about.

The one good thing this month was that I got a call-back from the hospital I applied at. I applied to be a PCT at a hospital that has their own training program. It's a foot in the door to the hospital I eventually want to be a nurse at, so it's a good idea to apply there. I have an in person second interview schedules for this week, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be free of the fluctuating, erratic tips only living wage soon. It's not that I don't like serving or my restaurant; I love my coworkers and my job. But the crappy tips when I'm smiling sweetly and chatting up customers, having them tell me I'm great, and saying they'll see me next time is just wearing me thin. I've even had people outright stiff me for no reason lately. Economy my ass- it's not right any way you look at it. At least if I get this hospital job it's a straight hourly wage, full benefits, and only 3 12 hour shifts a week.

Everyone, cross your fingers.

2 comments:

  1. FIngers crossed, best thoughts with you and I am saying my prayers [Holy Week y'know :)]

    You'll get the job and that will be awesome.

    What is a PCT? Is that a phlebotomist? Or a practical nurse?

    Anyway - wish you luck.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patient Care Technician. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete