Monday, March 1, 2010

Sometimes You Gotta Press On

.....Aaaaaand even though I woke up feeling like I got hit with a Mack truck, I still managed to make my way into work yesterday and though we weren't very busy (but for a Sunday, steady), I walked with $89 after tipout.

Say what?! Yep, my tips were awesome. Got a $20 tip, then most of the rest were over $10 tips. I had some lower than $10, but they were for from small checks and even then what they gave me was 20% or better.

Wow!

I also struck gold right before I got cut and had this sweet old couple come in right as I was at the hostess stand; they said hi to me. I smiled and said hi back and they asked to go in my section. They are so awesome and understanding. last time they came in they weren't impressed with the food they got even after the kitchen tried to fix it. But they didn't blame ME! OMG! Finally, people that understand that part isn't my fault! The old man was like "Well I know YOU didn't cook it, so it's not your fault". Aww. And then their bill was only $30 like last time, and just like last time they left me $10 and said they'd see me next time.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff! Nice to make some money on a normally slow night.

    ReplyDelete